Scrap Carbide Buyback Program
We’ll pay you for qualifying carbide scrap (see the criteria below). While we get scrap that can be turned into new inserts, you’ll get cash you can turn back into new Carbide Inserts for your operations. Watch the left sidebar of this website for the per-pound price, which we update periodically.
Our program for Scrap Buyback:
- Helps in the reduction of the impact tungsten carbide scrap has on our environment
- Aids in the production of new tungsten carbide products through the collection of material
- As a valuable yet expensive material, tungsten is vital to numerous manufacturing processes. We help to extend the world’s limited reserves of this precious resource.
- Allows you to recuperate some of the expenditure on carbide inserts
We accept an assortment of materials:
- Uncoated and coated carbide inserts
- Reamers, burrs, End Mills, Drills and other solid carbide tools
- Carbide sludge and carbide dust (please call for pricing)*
- Previously brazed carbide affixed to another material (please call for current pricing)*
*Please Note: These items require special pricing. DO NOT mix with standard scrap.
We do not accept:
- Diamond tipped inserts
- Ceramic or Cermet Inserts
- Any tools which aren’t solid carbide (carbide must not be connected or brazed to any other material)
- Pack a box with qualifying scrap carbide material (restrictions apply as above)
- Contact Hemly Tool at 1 (800) 445-1068, ext. 217 to receive a Recycle Return Authorization (RRA) number along with quote based on price per pound
- Use our Carbide Insert Recycling form by filling in your customer information along with the RRA number in the required box and on the return label. This information is crucial in processing your order quickly so you receive your check without any delay
- Print out and place a copy of the Carbide Insert Recycling form in each box you plan to ship
- After your shipment has been received and evaluated, a check will be mailed to you
- For any questions about your delivery, contact Hemly Tool at 1 (800) 445-1068, ext. 217. Have your RRA# ready when calling
- Hemly Tool Supply is not responsible for carbide material lost during delivery. Please pack your material carefully to ensure we receive your delivery in its entirety.
If you are unsure if your scrap qualifies, or have any questions about the return process, please feel free to call us, 1 (800) 445-1068, ext. 217.